- 1/3 cup cup chopped pecans
- 20 tart shells
- 1/2 cup of (or 1/2 tin) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- Bake tart shells
- Sprinkle pecans on bottom of tart shells
- Combine next 4 ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir and bring to boil. Keep stirring as it continues to bol for 5 minutes. Be careful because it sticks to the bottom of the pan quite readily. Remove from heat. Slowly beat with spoon about 2 minutes until it shows signs of thickening, not to long or it will harden when cool. Carefully spoon over chopped pecans.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Spread over tarts. Chill.
I like them best when just out of fridge. But enjoy and don't eat too many at one time. Makes 20 tarts